Home Sports Wahab to take indefinite break from Test Cricket

Wahab to take indefinite break from Test Cricket

29
0


Wahab Riaz
Left-arm fast-bowler Wahab Riaz confirmed on Thursday that he has withdrawn from the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy and will take an indefinite break from red-ball cricket.

Wahab Riaz said: “After reviewing my past couple of years’ performances in red-ball cricket and the upcoming limited overs cricket, I have decided to take time off from first-class cricket.”

The bowler said that during this period, he will like to focus on 50-over and 20-over cricket, and continue to access his fitness for the longer version of the game.

“At a stage I feel I cannot only return but also perform with the red-ball, I would make myself available,” he said.

Wahab Riaz also posted on Twitter about his decision to take a break from red-ball cricket.

“The PCB had been trying to convince me to pursue my career with red-ball, but today I met them to convey my decision. I am grateful for their understanding and support,” stated the bowler.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.